Building a website can be intimidating, especially if you are new to web design. If you are using WordPress as your platform, there are several easy-to-follow steps for adding pages to the menu so visitors can find them. With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can organize your site in no time! Let’s get started.
Adding Pages to Your WordPress Menu
When you create a page on WordPress, it is not automatically added to the menu of your site. You must add it manually by following these steps:
1. Log into your WordPress admin dashboard and click ‘Appearance’ in the left sidebar menu.
2. Select ‘Menus’ from the following options, then click ‘Create a New Menu.’ Give this menu an appropriate name that will help you remember what it is for (e.g. “Main Navigation” or “Site Pages”).
3. Once you have created the menu, select which pages you want to add by checking off the boxes next to their titles and clicking ‘Add To Menu’. You can also reorder the pages once they have been added by dragging and dropping them into place.
4. When finished with your selection, click ‘Save Menu’ at the top right corner of the page and your changes will be applied immediately!
5. Finally, assign this newly created menu as the primary navigation for your site by going back to Appearance > Menus and selecting it from the dropdown box labeled “Menu Settings” at the bottom of the page before clicking ‘Save’.
By following these simple steps, all of your pages should now show up on your main navigation menu! Keep in mind that any new pages you create will need to be manually added here as well if they are intended for public viewing on your website – but don’t worry; this process only takes a few minutes each time!
As a website owner, it’s important to make sure all of your content is organized in an intuitive way so visitors can easily find what they’re looking for without getting overwhelmed or frustrated with navigating around multiple menus and submenus. Fortunately, adding pages to menus on WordPress is an easy process that only takes a few minutes each time – so get started today and see how quickly you can spruce up your website’s navigation system! Thanks for reading and good luck!