There is no way you can disregard digital marketing and advertising and hope that your business can be successful online. Being present in the Internet community is a must and all of us just have to learn how to make the most of it. Among many others, here are some 6 important ways to promote your business online.
1. Optimizing for Search Engines is the best way to promote your business online
It might take a while to push your business to the first page of Google Search, but once you do it, you will know it is worth it. There is no use having the best product or providing the most quality service in the world if people can find you on page 90 of the search. They will not bother to look that far, and even if they found you, they might be suspicious and think: Well, if this company is on the ninetieth page, there must be something wrong with them, I’ll go back to the first two pages and pick one from there instead!
It usually takes some 6-12 months for SEO to really start showing the results, meaning the first two pages of Google Search. Who can wait that long? – you might think. Well, are you planning to do the same business this time next year too? If your answer is positive, then search engine optimization is the right choice for you.
For instance, if you own a moving company you can start by learning some important SEO tips for movers. Start implementing them ASAP and you will be on the way to success. When you are ready to invest in professional SEO services, make sure that you find a person or agency that will provide you with reports so that you can track your progress.
2. Having a quality website is essential
Your website is your shopfront in the online world. Wouldn’t you like to make it as appealing as possible to your prospective buyers? If so, here are some aspects you should think about when creating your website or when upgrading it:
- Web design – people respond to what they see. Your pages just have to be visually attractive to your visitors. Think of them as physical shopfronts of your shop. The design updates are usually done once in two years, but it all depends on the industry your business is in. For example, hardware stores are not expected to update their web design that often, while shops selling clothes or cosmetic products are advised to change their appearance more often than that.
- User Experience (UX) – not to be overlooked when thinking about the best ways to promote your business online. Visitors are not as patient as they used to be. They will not wait for your page to load if it doesn’t do so instantly, and they will not bother to read page after page of your content searching for information that they need. You need to serve it to them as quickly and as clearly as possible.
- Security – Only some 15% of people will risk buying a product from a website that is not secured. Adding that little padlock next to your web address means a lot to the cautious customers!
- Website Maintenance Service– just as important as all of the above mentioned.
One more thing – always make your website mobile friendly!
3. E-mail is still great for lead generation
Creating an e-mail campaign is a free and easy way to reach your target audience and increase your business online reach. What’s important here is that you have a good list of contacts. Starting from there, you can use MailChimp to make professionally looking emails since it offers numerous already made designs.
You will need a little bit more knowledge and skill to build complex flows such as Active Campaign, but it will be worth it. For example, by doing so, you will be able to track the customers who are in two minds about buying your product and offer them a special discount so that you turn them into real customers of yours.
4. Use social networks to promote your business online
Being social is essential to building an audience to market your product or service. The best thing about social networks is that they are a free way to promote your business online.
Your first goal is to get noticed so that you can get as many followers as possible! This is not so easy since social media platforms are such busy places. The news comes and goes so quickly – blink and you’ll miss it!
When you provide your followers with some valuable content, they will share it with others, thus increasing the organic traffic of your website. Isn’t that a great way to promote your business online? That’s one of the reasons to add Facebook login to your WordPress website as soon as possible.
Also, it is extremely important to choose the right platform for your business. Being evenly present at all of the platforms is extremely difficult and unnecessary. Think about your target audience – where do they hang out most? Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter are good for finding direct customers, while LinkedIn is great for offering your products and services to other businesses.
5. Online advertising will increase your online reach
Online advertising is a little bit more difficult than it might appear at first. It is not just a matter of money you have to invest in it. You will have to dig deeper to find the ways to make the most of it. Or, the other option is to hire professionals who know why marketing matters and how they can help you.
Facebook offers incredible potential for advertising. Forget about boosting your posts. We are talking about Facebook Ads manager. It gives you the opportunity to target your audience so closely that you do not waste your money on ads shown to the people who are not at all interested in your product. You will make the most of it if you are smart enough to combine a Pixel code on your website with Facebook ads.
Google Ads are shown to the people who are actively searching for something that they need. So, the possibility of conversion here is even greater than with Facebook Ads. This can also push you to the first page of Google search without SEO.
Once again, ad campaigns can make a difference in your business results, you just have to know how to pick the right strategy.
6. Press Releases are still important
When thinking about how to promote your business online, you can easily forget the press releases. But, trust us, people still read newspapers and they watch TV. And, they often do it online. So, there is some room for your business in those press releases. You can start by making a list of papers and tv channels that your audience follows. Make some interesting content before contacting them and try to get them to publish your press release. You might be surprised by the results.